Turn Off Your Auto-Pilot
Dear Net Buddies & Blazers,
Today we are called to be aware of the things we do without thinking: opening a door, responding to a text message, putting on your shoes, snapping at our siblings, etc. This is often called, “being in the moment.”
There are so many things we do every day without thinking about them. Today, notice something you do over and over, like answering a text message on your phone. But this time, notice all the elements that make that action possible:
How does the phone feel in your hand?
How incredible is it that your fingers can move that fast?
What role does your brain, or arm have to play?
How do you feel when you see the screen?
Do you smile or frown without thinking?
Success today is simply recognizing something that you normally don’t think about, that you might take for granted, or that controls you in a way you don’t like.
So what did you notice new today?
8 Comments on “Turn Off Your Auto-Pilot”
Thembela MjononoJune 15, 2020 at 12:40 pm
We should be fighting for our rights because we have been living in fear. We don’t say other people don’t matter but the way we are treated it’s unfair and everyone wants to be treated the same.
Thandeka NtshakalaJune 15, 2020 at 11:10 am
It means having to put your rights aside not that they not important but you being selfless in a way that is going to help both the parties, you and someone.
Mpumezo MakasiMay 7, 2020 at 8:38 am
1. It feels hard.
2. So incredible.
3. Arms needs to do what we want them to do, like eating.
5. Yes i do.
ThabangMay 7, 2020 at 4:03 am
1. It feels like an egg, I have to be very cautious with it at all times 😺
2. 😺 For me, my fingers are the most hard-working organs on my body. So they have to practice to work fast!
3. Well my brain is my center of my intelligence, for me it’s literally the one keeping me alive
4. I always expect some really good news, immediately when I wake up and
open my phone. I don’t really count on my screens. I just see
something with beautiful features!
5. I don’t know really 😺😺😺
Anathi BernardMay 6, 2020 at 11:43 am
I feel fresh I don’t know why I just feel like dancing.
Liyaboya JoningaMay 6, 2020 at 11:29 am
I am smiling 😃 without thinking.
Milisa LekkerMay 6, 2020 at 11:19 am
1. First of all to have a phone in your hands it’s like you own everything in your own world life.😁😁
2. What is incredible is that fingers are special like moving fast is still minor you can also work with you fingers do push-ups many things.So incredible and amazing.
3. The role that the brain does it’s fantastic the thinking and the arm does many things it moves around.
4.Yes i do smile without thinking like thinking of your own things and just smile.
Tsebo DamaneMay 6, 2020 at 11:10 am
I notice that thinking is a natural thing, sort of an automatic transmission of my thoughts.